14 May 2010

One of the loves of my life...


I love fashion magazines.

It is a crazy obsession that I have. Since I was 15 years old I have been collecting Vogue and Vanity Fair magazines. Even as a teen, I could not settle for the fashion mediocrity that Seventeen, Cosmo and other trash teen magazines espoused. You see Lucky Brand and Quicksilver never made me tingle inside the way the Gucci, Prada, Cavalli, Chanel and Dolce always have. There is something SO compelling about the magic of the coutre houses of Paris and Milan. Yes, they may cost more than some people's first cars but as Coco said, "Money can not buy the fabulous feeling of wearing the perfect dress with the matching shoes. Throw in an ideal bag and it is heaven!"

Yesterday, as I was going through my stacks of fashion magazines and reminiscing about the fashion trends of yesteryear, I realized that these magazines that I have had such a devotion to and took such care of now have to go.

So,
I did some research.

One of the "wish list" items for the Boys and Girls Club Las Vegas is old magazines. I called their in-kind donation line and was told where to drop them off. Tomorrow morning, I am dropping off a trunk full of Cindy, Gisele, Tyra, Naomi and Agness.

Am I sad parting with my treasures?

Yes...
but now I have room for another obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment